Monday, April 02, 2012

Pesticides Hazards

I got a mail about the below issue, I was thought of sharing this with all my friends

 A housewife died due to burns sustained in the kitchen. Her husband too was hospitalized for injuries due to burns while trying to rescue his wife.

How it happened:-
The gas stove was on and cooking under process. The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect repellent and sprayed it near the gas stove, which was on. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustaining 65% burns.

 Her husband rushed in, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the Fire accident ward and he is still unaware that his wife was declared dead on arrival. 

Let us understand:-
 All insect repellents such as "Hit", "Mortein" etc. have highly volatile and inflammable solvents.  The atomized nano spary particles spread extremely rapidly and one spark is enough to ignite this explosive mixture with oxygen present in air. Did the poor lady realize the hazard involved? Apparently not!

Please educate your family about this and spread the word around.... who knows you may save more than a life….

Use the pesticides in a safe and proper manner.  I got shocked and alerted my mom to keep those sparys away from the kitchen.
Please do share this post with all your lovables.

1 comment:

Comments make my Day!.. Sharing is fun ..
Please do share your views..& Follow my blog..
Please do drop your blog links so that i can follow you back..
All Comments are Moderated!
Comments with Irrelevant links will be marked as Spam.